I always wonder how tampon works and I always wonder how such a small object being inserted into our body (I mean strictly for women, unless guys want to try to stuck their ass hole with the tampon too WTF!). Frankly, me myself never tried on one as there is a lot of concerns on tampon in my mind such as:
1. Scared if the tampon cannot be removed after being placed inside?
2. How about if the tampon broken into half with the other half remain goggling inside the uterus?
3. How about if the string that supposes to be used to detach the tampon went inside, so how the hell we are going to remove the tampon? Using fingers to search for the tampon? WTF!!
4. How such a small cotton-bud can be used to absorb all the blood (few liters of blood) from our body?
5. What’s the point of wearing tampon? So we can suffer on the process of inserting/removing the tampon?
Abit naive and "kampung" is it for not knowing that alot of us wearing tampon just like eating rice. LOL! Ok, after further googling, I found this web informative on what’s tampon and how to wear it. And it provide online quiz too which help me to solve all the questions as above.
But even after reading all those, still yet to convince that I can use my own power to insert the tampon without any percentage of failure. DETTTT!! I still prefer to use sanitary pad! 200% safe! LOL! Anyway, I’m sharing this for your information (ladies) so you can utilize it to further examine.
This information is extracted from Young Womens Health and click this for the quiz which explains everything!
How do you insert a tampon?
You may be worried and nervous about using your first tampon. Talk to your mom or a friend who has used tampons. It is important to first learn how to use a tampon and then, just relax! The more you relax, the easier the insertion will be. When you are nervous, your muscles tense up, making insertion even harder. For your first time, you may want to try using a tampon when your menstrual flow is heavy; this should allow the tampon to glide in more easily. Choose the smallest size tampon for the first time. By following these simple guidelines, and those that come with your package of tampons, your first experience with tampons should be easy.
1. Sit or stand in a comfortable position. Some women prefer to place one leg on the toilet seat or tub, while others prefer to squat down. After you find a position that is most comfortable for you, hold the tampon with the fingers that you write with. Hold the middle of the tampon, at the spot where the smaller, inner tube inserts into the larger, outer tube. Make sure the string is visible and pointing away from your body.
2. With your other hand, open the labia (the folds of skin around the vaginal opening) and position the tampon in the vaginal opening. (See picture 1 below).
3. Gently push the tampon into the opening, aiming for the small of your back. Stop when your fingers touch your body and the applicator, or outer tube, is completely inside the vagina. (See picture 2 below).
4. Once the applicator or outer tube is inside of you, use your index finger to push the inner tube (the tube where the removal string is visible) through the outer tube. This pushes the tampon into the vagina.
5. Once the inner tube is all the way in, use your thumb and middle finger to remove the applicator or outer tube. (See picture 3 below). Make sure that the string hangs outside of the vaginal opening. Later, when you are ready to remove the tampon, hold the string and gently pull it downward until the entire tampon is out.
P/S : Alternative usage, yes you can use it to handle nose-bleeding (by inserting it into your nose and it will absorb all your blood) provided your nose hole is as big as the tampon! LOL!