The title "Breast Cancer Your Life is in Your Hands", then I know it's women information in teaching women on how to do self-breast-checking to reduce the potential of breast cancer. Frankly, I never do any self-checking or mamogram before foe realydetection (if any).
In my mindset, I thought we only need to lie down, and show our armpit/ armpit hair to the air, press press and turn turn around. That's all I know but not until today,after I read carefully on how to perform the checking in an accurate way. I mean there is a way to turn and to massage your armpit/breast area to check if there is any lumps or any abnormalities on our breast size/look/color and so on.
Personally, it's very important for us to know how and we must practise to check constantly. Breast Cancer is WORLD NO 1 CANCER for women!
Undress to the waist. Look for changes in shape, outline, colour and texture of the skin and nipple.
2) Lie Down
- Lie flat on your back with a pillow or a folded towel under the right shoulder. This allows the breast tissue to spread.
- Use your left hand to examine your right breast while you place your right hand behind your head.
- Examine the area from under the collarbone to the bra area.
3) Feel your breast
- Keep your fingers together and use the flat part of three fingers to feel the breast.
Move your fingers in small circles, about the size of 20-cent coin.
- Press gently but firmly, feeling for lumps or thickening of tissue.
- Imagine your breast as the face of a clock. Start at 12 o'clock and feel along the boundary till you return to your starting position.
- Move down a finger's width and repear in smaller circles till you reach the nipple.
- Push this aside and feel under and around the nipple. You may find a ridge of firm.
Now move your left arm down to your side. Examine to the breast tissue that extends into your armpit.
5) The other breast
Next, place the pillow under the left shoulder and using your right hand, repeat!
Now, it's time for graphical tutorial! Are you ready? I know you are *I saw some guys's saliva is drooling flooding the road* LOL!