Tuesday, November 07, 2006

:.. A.C.C.I.D.E.N.T..:

Bad day for me and the car!

I was about to go off from Section 15, Shah Alam roundabout when the accident happened. The car (Toyota MAS van) hit me from the back. I was shocked and turn around to see what happen immediately, and saw a van, loaded with bunch of guys, around 7-8 persons (i guess). The drivers showed a sign that ask us to stop at a side to settle. The 1st things flies through my mind is "Are they bad guys? Should i go down? Are they it me purposely?"

I try to memorize the plate number (which i had forgotten after the things settled), and try to stop at a place that is crowded. End up we stops at a bus stop nearby (Public Bank bus stop). I do not know what to do, i called Mr Leong, and he rush to be here. So i stop and went down to see the real situation of the car.

The lamp's is broken, the bumper's leg has broken and luckily it is still in its condition. They agree to compensate for the repair, but as i do not know whats the figure($) for repairing, so i ask them to wait till my family is here. So i kept waiting for Mr Leong, and happily he and my parents reach in 10 minutes (appx). They see at the car condition, and ask for RM300 for repairing. And they agreed on that amount.

This is the 1st time i had bumped into car accident ALONE! Mr Leong and I just discussed about the FALSE accidents that happened recently, published in the paper. Although accident is normal for drivers , BUT anyhow we must be prepared 365X24X7, for something that we might not think of. Well, take it as experiences so i will not be nervous, and try to be calm when the things happened again (TOUCH-WOOD!!)

1) Remember the car's plate number (even after the accident)
2) See how many guys are in the car when the accident happen
3) Do not step out from the car if the guy(s) seems suspicious.
4) Call somebody immediately (to inform them what happen)
5) RUN or drive away if neccessary.
6) Stop the car at a place that is crowded, at least people can witness the negotiation process.

THANK GOD IM OK! AND THANK GOD MY CAR IS OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment